Saturday, January 23, 2010

I Lie Because Kay Asked Me To!



Kay at My Random Acts of Reading blog has given me an award.  Many times bloggers are asked to share some little-known or not so little-known facts about yourself. I don't participate in many memes but this Bald Faced Liar...whoops...."Creative Writer" award sounds like harmless fun.

I like guessing games as much as the next person so here's what this is all about. 

1. Thank the person who gave this to you. ( Thanks Kay!)
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell us up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth.
5. Allow your readers to guess which one or more are true.
6. Nominate seven "Creative Writers" who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
7. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
8. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.

The 7 items that I have listed below contain  (6) untruths and (1) absolutely true statement. I make no promises that the 6 don't include some part of truth. Guess which one is absolutely true. I'll share the answer tomorrow. Hope you enjoy and feel free to speculate as much as you like. Now to the tall tales or not....

1. My husband bought me a BMW for my 50th Birthday.

2. I've been to Tahiti twice.

3. I've met Tony Soprano (James Gandolpini)

4. I don't know how to swim.

5. My hair is dyed blond.

6. My mother was 50 when I was born.

7. I participated in a New Year's Day Polar Bear swim in the ocean in 2000.

WHEW.....Now I'm starting to believe these...LOL

I will nominate a few people who might enjoy playing. If this doesn't appeal to you, no worries. It's all in fun and I understand. (I'll post the true statement about me tomorrow).

21 comments:

  1. Very fun! I am excited to see which is true. My gues is the polar bear swim since you are a bibliophile by the SEA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I'm hoping #2 is the true one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just stopping by to say hi and I get too read a great, fun post!
    I can't imagine you wouldn't know how to swim living by the sea! I hope your husband bought you a BMW (if you'd like one!) It would be cool to meet Tony Soprano. I wonder if James Gandolphini is a nice guy...I've heard he can be pretty rude.
    My guess is you've been to Tahiti twice!

    Awards make me uncomfortable but this is a fun one!

    ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for passing it along to me. I will put a post together sometime this week.

    I think #7 is true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to guess that your husband bought you a BMW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fun and funny! My guess is that you went to Tahiti!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Beth, I think you did the polar bear dip

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if #3 is the true one?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm betting that #7 is true!! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! Ok I am going to guess that you've been to Tahiti twice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great! Ok I am going to guess that you've been to Tahiti twice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm torn between #1 and #7... can't wait to see which one is really true!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, Diane, you were quick with this. Well, I would like for #1 to be true for you. If that's not it, I say your hair is dyed blonde. I'll check back tomorrow to see which is true. Isn't this fun?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Tahiti, especially the island of Huahine. Since I live in Hawaii it's not too long of a flight and is in my same time zone. I'm guessing you've been there twice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL LOL LOL

    I am loving reading all of your guesses. I'll be posting the TRUE answer in my Sunday Salon post mid day probably...time for sleep now :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Diane! Congratulations on your award! I had fun reading your list! I never knew that you had dyed blonde hair! Hehehe. And a BMW! Wow! That has always been my dream car.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm going to guess #4...only because it's true for me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now I have to think of of six outrageous lies about myself! Ideas, ideas....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats, Diane,and thanks for sharing.

    I'm going to guess that you've met "Tony Soprano" ... now I'll check out that Sunday Salon post ...

    ReplyDelete
  20. How sad am I! I am such a negligent blogger that I just starting looking over my comments of the past month and discovered this ... thank you! I will try to pass it along during the next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.