Sunday, July 15, 2012

SIX -------- it's all about BOOKS


Saw this on Jo  and JoAnn's blog, and thought it would be fun to take a closer look at what my first six (6) months of reading looked like as well. 

Six Books, Six months, Six categories
 

Six books for little kids I think you should buy
  1. Old Bear; Kevin Henkes  
  2. The Busy Beaver; Nicholas Oldland
  3. A House in the Woods' Inga Moore 
  4.  The Day Tiger Rose Said Goodbye; Yalon
  5. One Foot Two Feet: An Exceptional Counting Book; Maloney and Zekaukaus
  6. The Chicken Problem; Oxley and Aronson
Six authors I have read before and will read again
  1. Stewart O'Nan
  2. Stephen King
  3. Anne Tyler
  4. John Steinbeck
  5. Joshilyn Jackson
  6.  Chris Cleave
Six new bookish things I discovered through blogging
  1. Net Galley
  2. Edelweiss
  3. Shelf Awareness
  4. Saturday Snapshot Meme
  5. More books I want to read
  6. New blogs which mirror my taste in books
Six audiobooks I really enjoyed  
  1. Defending Jacob; William Landay
  2. Bringing Up Bebe; Pamala Druckerman
  3. Quiet; Susan Cain
  4. East of Eden; John Steinbeck
  5. Say You're One of Them; Uwem Akpan
  6. A Grown-Up Kind of Pretty; Joshilyn Jackson
Six books adults I think you should read
  1. Heft; Liz Moore
  2. East of Eden; John Steinbeck
  3. The Beginner's Goodbye; Anne Tyler
  4. Lots of Candles Plenty of Cake; Anna Quindlen (if you are over 50)
  5.  A Sense of an Ending; Julian Barnes
  6. The Underside of Joy; Sere Prince Halverson
Six books I was disappointed with
.
  1. Home Front; Kristin Hannah
  2. Fairy Tale Interrupted; Rose Marie Terenzio
  3. An Uncommon Education; Elizabeth Percer
  4. Blue Monday; Nicci French
  5.  The Good Father; Noah Hawley
  6. The Gingerbread Girl; Stephen King

What would your six in the last six months look like?

13 comments:

  1. I've heard A Sense of an Ending is rather good, must try to get hold of it. And I must read Anne Tyler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne Tyler tends to write about characters that I get to care about, that's why I like her. Sense of an Ending was just a short, but excellent story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that is quite the list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. East of Eden....why oh why have I not read you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the audiobook suggestions. I'm listening to Defending Jacob now, and am finding I don't mind my commute so much if I listen to a book. I'm definitely looking for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to get my hands on Lots of Candles,Plenty of Cake. I'd love to have it with me on vacation; maybe on audio. I'll plug in in the car and ignore the family. After all, the kids do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I liked the format of this meme and I LOVED reading your answers! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent lists! I need to hurry up and read (or listen to) Joshilyn Jackson. Also Heft and The Beginner's Goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this!

    Have you read Gone Girl? I'm hearing good things and am wondering if I should bring an audio copy on my trip.

    One more month then life should settle back down... and I can keep up with everyone! :)

    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been meaning to try Joshilyn Jackson, I keep seeing her pop up everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun meme! I especially like the list for audio books. Always on the lookout for recommendations!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cool meme and I've noted the best 6!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this meme and have really enjoyed seeing how people respond to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.