Completed - November 2009
The rules are simple:
1. Read at least 6 books that have any of these requirements:
a. an animal in the title of the book
b. an animal on the cover of the book
c. an animal that plays a major role in the book
d. a main character that is or turns into an animal (define that however you’d like ;>)).
2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)–dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark…dragons, mermaids, centaurs, fairies, vampires…you get the idea…
3. Challenge runs from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009. You can still sign up after July 1st as long as you can get 6 books read by June 30th ;>).
4. Books can be fiction or nonfiction.
5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or just list them as you find them.
6. Books may be swapped out at anytime (assuming you made a list to begin with).
7. Crossover books with other challenges is permitted and encouraged.
1. Ordinary Wolves; Kanter
3. Lost and Found; Elizabeth Hess - 5/5
4. Out Stealing Horses; Perr Petterson - 5/5
5. A Recipe For Bees; Gail Anderson-Dargatz,
6. Shopping for Porcupine: a Life in Artic Alaska; Kantner
7. Zookeeper's Wife; Diane Ackerman - 4/5
9. Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World; Myron and Witter - 5/5
10. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane; Kate DiCamillo-5/5