Happy Valentine's Day!
It's Valentine's Day and (-8 degrees) with the wind chill factor this morning. Needless to say, we won't be venturing outdoors this Sunday. The good news is this is the last cold day and it might be 50 on Wednesday. Talk about crazy weather. This week flew by and I am pleased to report my cold is pretty much gone (passed it on to my husband).
This week we went to the movies to see The Finest Hours which was very enjoyable. It's based on a true story, a Coast Guard rescue movie, set on Cape Cod during a hurricane in 1951.
I stayed indoors most of the week and that resulted in a busy reading, reviewing and blogging week. Here is a recap of books read and/or reviewed.
I'm in the process of rereading, The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath for my book group meeting at the end of the month. It's a great read and I am enjoying it since it's been over 15 years since I last read it. I'm also reading, Eleanor by Jason Gurley and, I also finished reading a quick debut novel called, 13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl by Mona Awad (no review yet).
New Book Arrivals by Mail
- Why We Came to the City; Kristopher Jansma (sent by Viking)
- Version Control; Dexter Palmer (sent by Pantheon)
- Fool Me Once; Harlen Coben - (sent by Dutton)
- Small Mercies; Eddie Joyce (sent by Penguin)
- The Life of Elves; Muriel Barbery (Europa purchase)
- Everyone Brave is Forgiven; Chris Cleave (sent by Simon & Schuster)
- Britt-Marie Was Here; Fredrik Backman (Atria - sent by Simon & Schuster)
Nothing special for today except planning a shrimp dish for dinner and making some warm soup as well. I also think I'll reorganize a closet that was bugging me a bit yesterday:)
Hope Your Day is Special!