Happy Halloween Everyone!
How was your October? We had some pretty terrific weather here, and a great month reading-wise (thanks to the 24 hour Read-a-thon). Unfortunately, (or fortunately, depending how you look at it), I acquired more books than I donated or read. This is something that is going to be a major project for me to work on in 2010. I am going to get rid of books that I do not think I will read, and hope to only acquire books that I plan to read.
In October I read (20) books (6 during the read-a-thon)). The quality of my reads was pretty good. My favorite book was, Abraham Verghese's: Cutting for Stone .
Of the (20) books I did read, (7) were review books. I read (4) non fiction books and listened to (2) audio books. (11/20) books were from my stacks, and 9/20 came from the library. Here is a summary:
150. A Change in Altitude ; Anita Shreve- 3/5 (review)151. No Time to Wave Goodbye; Jacquelyn Mitchard - 4/5
152. The Brutal Telling; Louise Penny - 4/5 (review)
153. What the Dead Know; Lippman (audio) 4/5
154. The Magician's Elephant; Kate DiCamillio - 5/5
155. Evil at Heart; Chelsea Cain - 4.5/5
156. Tortilla Flat; John Steinbeck - 4.5/5
157. Mathilda Savitch; Lodato - 4/5 (review)
158. Baking Cakes in Kigali; Parkin - 4/5 (review)
159. Solace: Finding Your Way Though Grief; Temes - 4/5 (review)
160. A Duty to the Dead; Todd - 4.5/5
161. Gift from the Sea; Lindbergh - 5/5
162. Zen and the Art of Happiness; Prentiss - 4/5
163. Runaway Mummy; Rex - 4.5/5
164. Miss Smith and the Haunted Library; Garland - 4.5/5
165. Sworn to Silence; Castillo (audio) - 4/5
166. Haunted Island: True Ghost Stories from Martha's Vineyard; Nadler - 3/5
167. Cutting for Stone; Verghese - 5/5
168. The Time of My Life; Swayze and Niemi - 4.5/5
169. The Recipe Club; Israel and Garfinkle - 4/5 (review)
170. The Christmas Cookie Club; Pearlman - 3/5 (review)
Completed Challenges (October)
- John Steinbeck Mini Challenge
- RIP IV Challenge
- A-Z Challenge - 24/26
- Read Your Own Books Challenge - 95/100
- War Through the Generations WWII - 3/5
- Fall Into
Challenge – 6/15 Reading
- Clear Off Your Shelves Challenge - 11
Hope you had a good month as well!
Have a great weekend and a Happy Halloween Everyone!