Saturday, October 24, 2009

24 Hour Read-a-Thon - Update #2

6.5 hours into the Read-a-thon and here  is how I've spent my time:

  • I've completed (2) books: Gift from the Sea (138 pages) and Zen and the Art of Happiness (142 pages)
  • Started and stopped: The Haunting of Hill House (read 15 pages and decided to save it for when I get tired. Since it is scary, it should keep me up --Peter's suggestion--thanks Peter)
  • Listening to: Sworn to Silence; Castillio on my IPOD while I do a little cheer leading.
  • Had 2 cups of coffee and oatmeal, and a bottle of water
  • Spent 10 minutes on the phone (I do have to leave the house for the hospital this afternoon, but I will take my IPOD and listen to an audio book while I'm gone.
  • Not dressed yet, but that will happen shortly. (Oh yeh, now I'm dressed LOL)
  • Left the house for (90) minutes --hospital run as I mentioned earlier; back now and hopefully, no more interruptions.
  • Spent (25) minutes heating chicken soup and eating it with hubby. 
  • Spent 75 minutes blogging since the read-a-thon started.
  • 295 pages read so far/2 books completed/ one audio book in progress (disc #1)
Keep up the good work everyone, and thanks for all the comments and support.


  1. I LOVE The Haunting of Hill House. A fav. Keep up the great work!

  2. You're doing great! I love your blog, and am so excited to see the reviews you post of your read-a-thon books!

  3. An audio book while your cheerleading! Why didn't I think of that! Sheesh.

  4. I'm saving my scary reads for later, also :-). Enjoy the rest of the read-a-thon!

  5. I think you're doing wonderfully. Keep up the good work!

  6. I haven't read The Gift of the Sea before but I just got it from BookMooch. Did you like it?

  7. I finished Sworn To Silence earlier today. It was riveting!

  8. You're doing awesome Diane! :D

  9. You're doing great. I think, contrary to what I said before, that I will keep the rest of House of Reckoning for later because you're right-something scary may just perk me up for the night.


Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.

(I apologize for the word verification, spammers spoil it for all sadly.)