Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday Teasers








Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by
MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

(p. 189)  "WHEN WE WERE INFANTS, Shiva was considered the more delicate: it was his skull that Stone attempted to crush before Hema saved us.  But then Shiva hit all his developmental milestones on time, lifting his head when I did and crawling when it was time to crawl".
Cutting for Stone; Abraham Verghese - excellent story


Sorry, I'm so late in posting this, but I've been running around a lot all day.  Buddy is still at the Vets. He pulled out his cath and got the plastic cone off during the night. (The staff said that is something that rarely happens...but Buddy mastered it). They had to reinsert the cath and leave it in for 24 hours and then see if he can pee on his own. He was blocked and they had a tough time inserting the cath. Poor little guy. I should get an update around noon tommorrow :(

12 comments:

  1. Poor little Buddy!

    Cutting for Stone is a wonderful book - once I got into it, I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buddy's quite the escape artist! Hopefully he'll do better tonight so he can start feeling better soon.

    I am hoping to one day read Cutting for Stone. I've heard such great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Buddy will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have seen so many positive comments about this one...will be looking for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your kitty, hope he is feeling better soon.

    I have this book on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutting for Stone is a great read. I hope you'll enjoy it.

    Best of luck to Buddy. I hope all goes well at the vet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard good things about this, I will wait for you review..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, have heard excellent things about this book and can't wait to hear what you think of it. I'll be keeping my eye out for your review. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Buddy. I hope he'll be feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Buddy. Have you heard any more today yet?

    Cutting for Stone is on my shelf. Someday I may even get to reading it. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard good things about this one. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

    Buddy should be renamed Houdini!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.