A look at the first 6 months of 2013 -
So back on January 1st, I set a goal of reading at least 125 books in 2013; today June 30th I've read (71) books. So unless things fall apart in the second half of 2013, I think I have a good chance of reaching my goal.
A few things that were different for 2013 was that I did not join ANY reading challenges and I am happy that I made that decision. I part years, I always joined: eBook challenge, audio book challenge, reading my own books challenge, classics challenges etc, and while I am still reading these types of books, for me it feels a lot better not having to keep additional lists and post about it on other blogs. I think I'm just getting lazy in my old age.
My Favorite Books reads in 2013 -
- Flora; Gail Godwin - 5/5 stars (eGalley) (May-2013)
- Let's Take the Long Way Home; Gail Caldwell - 5/5 (my shelves) (Jan-2013) (NF)
- The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne; Brian Moore - 5/5 (my shelves) (Feb-2013)
- American Psycho; Brett Easton Ellis 5/5 - (audio) - March-2013
- Benediction; Kent Haruf - 4.5/5 (eGalley/ARC) - April 2013
- Looking for Me; Beth Hoffman - 5/5 (review copy) May 2013
- The Dinner; Herman Koch (audio) - 5/5 May 2013
- The Other Typist; Suzanne Rindell - 4.5/5 - audio - library - June 2013
- Read a few more books off my Bucket List.
- Pull and donate some more books off my shelves that I don't want to read
- Read some eGalleys that I was so happy to have received.
- Find a few books I just can't stop talking about after I finish them - That didn't happen yet in 2013, even though I did enjoy several quite a bit.
So Bibliophile By the Sea turned 5 this week. What I initially thought would be good way for me to track what I've read and what I want to read, turned out to be so much more.
- 339,598 page views
- 2004 posts
- 37,185 comments
There is a lot I love about blogging....
- The friendships that I formed with so many sweet, caring book lovers, flower lovers, cat lovers and cooking fans
But there are weeks when I just feel like walking away quietly as well.
- Spammers, endless requests to review books by individuals who do not even bother to read my review policy, self-imposed pressure to post, feeling bad about not responding to everyone who leaves a comment, and oftentimes, just not wanting to spend my evenings on the computer when I spend all day on it at work M-F.
- I'd like to say thanks to my loyal readers by offering them a chance to win a new, Factory Sealed - MP3 player -- load audio books, download music, summer is the perfect time to enjoy a new gadget.
- Anyone who leaves a comment about this post will be entered in giveaway.
- Winner will be chosen next Sunday - July 7th.
- Good Luck to All