Not sure what I've got but there is nothing worst than a summer fever and body aches in the middle of a 5 day heat wave. I've been feeling under the weather since Thursday evening and yesterday I finally took my temp yesterday and it was 100.7. After a 4 hour mid day nap the fever seemed to break. I showered and was feeling better but, then went to bed again with more chills and, I tossed and turned all night, hopefully this virus will go away soon (no fever right now).
July was a fairly good book for reading. I really enjoyed most of my selections.
- Lily and the Octopus; Steven Rowley - 4/5 (eGalley) (July)
- Vinegar Girl; Anne Tyler - 3.5/5 stars (audio) (July)
- In a Dark Dark Wood; Ruth Ware - 4/5 (library) (July)
- Ink and Bone; Lisa Unger - 4/5 (eGalley) (July)
- Tuesday Nights in 1980; Molly Prentiss - 4/5 (arc) (July)
- Before the Fall; Noah Hawley - 4.5/5 (eGalley & audio) (July)
- The Dogs of Littlefield; Suzanne Berne - 4/5 (eGalley & Audio) (July)
- Grief is a Thing With Feathers; Max Porter - 3.5/5 (eGalley) (July)
- Wilde Lake; Laura Lippman - 3/5 (audio) (July)
- The Good American; Alex George - 4.5/5 (library/bookgroup) (July)
New Books by Mail
- The House Between Tides; Sarah Maine (sent by Atria)
- Magical Jungle; Johanna Bamford (sent by Penguin)
- Intimations: Stories; Alexandra Gleeman (sent by Harper)
- Mercury; Margot Livesey (sent by Harper)
- Commonwealth; Ann Patchett (sent by Harper)
- Dear Mr. M; Herman Koch (sent by Amazon Vine & Hogarth)
Hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful August.