Sunday, October 25, 2009

24 Hour Read-a-Thon - Hour #16


(16)  hours into the Read-a-thon and ( I came back to 56 comments since my last post 3+ hours ago~~that so helps with my motivation; thank you, thank you, thank you. Here is what I've accomplished:


  • I've completed (5) books (little books): Gift from the Sea (138 pages) ; Zen and the Art of Happiness (142 pages); Runaway Mummy (30 pages) , Miss Smith and the Haunted Library (30 pages) , and Haunted Island: True Ghost Stories from Martha's Vineyard (141 pages).
  • Started and stopped: The Haunting of Hill House ( read 33 pages and decided to save it for when I get tired. Since it is scary, it should keep me up --Peter's suggestion--thanks Peter)
  • Listening to: Sworn to Silence; Castillio on my IPOD while I do a little cheer leading.
  • Had 2 cups of coffee and oatmeal, and 3 bottles of water, huge salad with cheese and croutons, apple and lemon yogurt, and yes, finally junk food (A Klondike Bar...yum).
  • Left the house for (90) minutes --hospital run as I mentioned earlier.
  • Spent (25) minutes heating chicken soup and eating it with hubby for lunch, and another (30) minutes fixing a quick dinner for us. 
  • Spent (150) minutes blogging and cheer leading since the read-a-thon started.
  • 522 pages read so far/5 books completed/ one audio book in progress, Sworn to Silence (very gory/graphic, but good), and I'm on (disc #5).
  • Participated in (2) mini challenges.
  • I feel a nap coming up, but I'll try a cup of tea to see if that helps
Keep up the good work everyone, and thanks for all the comments and support.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you and the junk food - you're making such an effort you deserve it! Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to be better about tracking all my progress... GOOD FOR YOU! It's probably a good thing I don't get paid to participate, huh? WOO HOO! Cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.

(I apologize for the word verification, spammers spoil it for all sadly.)