Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about the read-a-thon…
Are you planning on participating in the upcoming 24 Hour Read-a-thon (either as a reader or cheerleader)? Have you made any preparations for the event? And, veterans out there, any tips you’d like to share with the newbies?
This is my first 24 Hour Read-a-Thon, and I am really looking forward to it. I also plan to spend some time doing a little cheer leading, and I know I'll need a nap as well.
Here are some of the books that I hope to read during the 24 hours. The best part is that they all reside on my bookshelf. I figure if I run out of books from this pile, then I give myself a medal and call it a day...LOL
- Half Broke Horses; Jeanette Walls (n/f) - ARC
- Driving With Dead People; Monica Holloway (n/f)
- Every Dead Thing; John Connolly
- Nancy Drew's Book 1 and Book 2 (loved these as a kid) - Secret of the Old Clock and The Hidden Staircase
- Stones for Ibarra; Harriet Doerr
- The Haunting of Hill House; Shirley Jackson
- A Map of Home; Randa Jarrar - ARC