Monday, October 5, 2009

Tuesday Teasers











Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by
MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

The Magician's Elephant; Kate DiCamillo

(p.17)...."How hard bread and strong  teeth and a strong heart were connected was a mystery to Peter, but as Vilna Lutz spoke to him that morning, it became increasingly obvious that the old soldier was once again in the grips of a fever and that not much sense would be gotten from him......Sweat shone on his forehead. His beard was damp."

(I couldn't miss this book as I fell in love with this author's last book, "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane).

What's your teaser this week? 

15 comments:

  1. That old soldier seems pretty tough! Here's my: Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very descriptive sentences! Reels me right in.

    My teasers are over at my Rainy Days and Mondays blog:

    http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also absolutely loved Edward Tulane and really need to pick this one up. It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate DiCamillo is a wonderful author. I also loved The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane. I hope you enjoy this one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard about this book so I'm so glad your teaser is from it! It's certainly intriguing and I'm curious about both characters. I haven't read anything by this author and am putting her on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of this author (but he's not alone in that category)-- one of the reasons this meme is so great.

    Thanks for stopping by the Count and me. This book has been on my shelf for two years. Hope it doesn't take me that long to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good teaser. I'd really like to read this book one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, your teaser really intrigued me. I'm off to do some more research on the book. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear. I hope that guy is okay. Those sentences were very descriptive.

    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never read any books of this author... this sounds interesting.
    here is mine:
    http://sumanam.wordpress.com/2009/10/07/teaser-tuesdays-6/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just finished this one Sunday. Loved it!! She has a magical way with story telling!! Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo, I've been hearing good things about this book. Thanks for the tease!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.