End of event Meme Questions
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Hour #21.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? A good audio book thriller - audio books work great for this event. I read Sworn to Silence. There was some explicit gore, but it kept my interest. Regular print books should be short!
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Not really (too tired to think).
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The cheer leaders meant a lot to me as a reader (I did some cheerleading as well)
5. How many books did you read? 6
6. What were the names of the books you read? Gift from the Sea (138 pages) ; Zen and the Art of Happiness (142 pages); Runaway Mummy (30 pages) , Miss Smith and the Haunted Library (30 pages) , and Haunted Island: True Ghost Stories from Martha's Vineyard (141 pages), and one audio book : Sworn to Silence.
7. Which book did you enjoy most? Gift from the Sea.
8. Which did you enjoy least? I actually liked all of them in their own way.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Your role is important, comment, comment, comment.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Loved it. I'd read and cheer, just as I did this year. It was fun visiting other blogs as well as reading.
End of Event Totals
Time Reading: about 13 hours
Pages Read: 602 plus audio book equivalent to 336 page = 938 pages total
Books Read: 6
Mini-Challenges Completed: 7
Time Blogging and cheering: about 7 hours
Total Comments: 155
$100 raised for Pancreatic Cancer Action Network