Saturday, October 24, 2009

24 Hour Read-a-Thon - Mini Challenge Collection Obsession





Wendy at Caribou's Mom is hosting this mini challenge for hours 8 through 10 of the 24 Hour Read-A-Thon. This challenge will close at the end of hour 10 (which is 3:00PM PST).

Collection Obsession

Most obsessive readers are also collectors. Besides books, what do YOU collect?

Me, except for books, I am really not a collector. I tend to be more of a minimalist when it comes to things around my house. (My husband is a different story).  So I decide to take a picture of the one thing I did start collecting in 2009.....Pandora Bracelet and Beads.  Are these popular where you are?  They are very popular here in the northeast, and I'm crazy about mine. It's very personal with initials: (D) for me (H) husband, (B) son, and (M) daughter, and well as colorful glass beads, and others with various stones.


What do you collect?

Thanks for hosting this mini-challenge Wendy.

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful thing to collect! Happy Readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really interesting because I had no idea this was called a Pandora piece of jewelry. Very pretty example!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh, I hadn't heard of these before. That is a neat idea. I like seeing what people collect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I collect antique shot glasses. They look like mini glass mugs or wine glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bracelet! My 9 year old daughter would love those! Where do you get them from?

    And as for your comment on my blog, I hear you on the tired thing. Seriously. I just had my afternoon 2 hour reading stint right in my most TIRED time of day. On the one hand I was trying not to get irritated when my non-napping 9 year old kept interrupting me every 10 min, but then it ended up being a blessing because a couple of times I would have fallen asleep with book in hand otherwise!!

    Great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I've never heard of these before, either. They're really pretty! Hope you're enjoying the mini-challenges and the reading! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty!! I used to collect tea cups and saucers, but ran out of space. They're packed away now. I think living in a small house has turned me off from collections (other than books).

    Good luck with the evening hours. I'm beginning to feel a bit worn out, so I'll switch books and maybe walk on the treadmill for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm I have to say I collect Pandora charms - for my other half to put on her bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of these, but they're very pretty!

    I'm not much of a collector of other things myself, so I ended up passing over this mini-challenge in favor of my books, but it is fun seeing what other people collect!

    Hope you're enjoying you're reading, now I better get back to mine! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bracelet is beautiful-that's a great thing to collect. I also collect yarn and lots of it. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't see those where I am (Calif) but it sure is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! A portable wearable collection. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is beautiful! I've heard of Pandora before and have always wanted to make one. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.