Tuesday, June 19, 2018

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - The Outsider; Stephen King



On Tuesdays First Chapter, First Paragraph/Intros is hosted by Vickie/ I’d Rather Be at the Beach Readers are asked to share the first paragraph of a book they are reading or plans to read soon.  

The Outsider; Stephen King
Scribbler - 2018

The Arrest
July 14th

1.
"It was an unmarked car, just some nondescript American sedan a few years old, but the blackwall tires and the three men inside gave it away for what it was.  The two in front were wearing blue uniforms. The one in back was wearing a suit, and he was as big as a house.  A pair of black boys standing on the sidewalk, one with a foot on a scuffed orange skateboard, the other with a lime-colored board under his arm, watched it turn into the parking lot of the Estelle Barga Recreational Park, then looked at each other.

One said, "That's Five-O."

Does this sound like a book you might consider reading?

14 comments:

  1. I haven't read Stephen King in a really long time. He got too scary for me. Hope you enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read Stephen King. When I was in school it was all about Carrie and Pet Cementary and I couldn't handle horror (still can't). I know he writes in other genres, but that I've always written him off as a horror author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We like the King dude and we like that intro too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read SK in ages, but I love the look of this one. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hearing really good things about this one. And I do have it on my Kindle for a 'nice' read this summer. One of our mystery group members was in the middle of it at our last meeting and he was very enthusiastic. I read King way, way back, but I haven't tried his newer books that bridge the line between mystery and a bit of horror. I need to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to read King's books as soon as they came out but haven't read one in a long time. I would probably like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have only read Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King. I used to be afraid of reading horror but I am almost grown up enough to try it again. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this book (well, hubby does) so I was going to try it this summer. I don't handle horror well, but if this is a throwback to some of his earlier works, then I'll enjoy it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always avoid this author's books, but I must admit I'm tempted with that first paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too, haven't read a Stephen King book in ages. But this opening is really compelling and makes me want to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd read this one! I hope you enjoy it, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the intro but I find it a bit scary too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm on the fence about this one. I do love writing in the first paragraph and I enjoyed the one Stephen King Book I've read but the premise of this one gives me pause.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, yes! He is such a great storyteller and this opening passage already has me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.