Tuesday, March 31, 2020

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - All the Broken People; Leah Konen

Welcome to First Chapter/Intros, now hosted by  Socrates Book Reviews
Thanks to Yvonne for taking over FCFPTI.

G.P. Putnam 2020

"People have all sorts of ideas about what they'd do if it happened to them.

They'd tell their friends. They'd make that call. They'd leave.  They certainly wouldn't continue on like normal, banging out personal essays or temping at whatever online mag needed a freelance editor for the day.  They'd tell their family (assuming they still had family in their lives to tell), they'd keep themselves busy (pottery class! political campaigns! yoga!) They'd heal, and they'd move on, and they'd rebuild their lives.

That's what I'd always thought too."

Recently, this title caught my eye, I hope to start it soon. What do you think about the intro?

10 comments:

  1. This one sounds really good for our times! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not a hint about what's happening then it must be nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the intro, and am wanting to know what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard about this one but it does sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds good and a beginning I think most of us can relate too! We all think we'd behave a certain way under certain circumstances but it's impossible to know until you're there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the intro and would keep reading. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the intro a lot! Thanks for sharing it.
    Diane, I've been away from blogging (and Instagram) for a bit. I hope you and your family are all doing well, and staying safe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.