I have so much to be thankful for, but my life has certainly had its share of sadness and difficult times. However, when I look at the big picture, the wonderful things, have way outweighed the bad. I know that I said no more new challenges in 2010, BUT this one does not involve reading books.
The challenge just involves some introspective reflection, and what a perfect time of year, to reflect on the year, and on our life in general. Leah from South Breeze Farm is hosting this challenge, but I actually learned of this one from Hello, My Name is Alice.
The challenge is simple.....(30) days in November, (30) reasons to feel thankful -- (1) each day of the month. If you decide to join, a few days into the month like me, just catch up.
November Thankful List
- I'm thankful for everyday new day. (Life is just so short and unpredictable).
- I'm thankful for good health. (I lost one brother to heart disease and the other one to cancer. My mother died of cancer as well)
- I am thankful that I was blessed with (2) healthy babies. (Both are now healthy adults who make me incredibly proud)
- I am thankful for my loving husband. (3 times is a charm; he adores me and I feel totally loved)
- I am thankful to have a job that I like. (bibliophile and library job makes for a good fit)
- I am thankful for a nice home in a safe area.
- I am thankful for our pets. (being able to give a nice home, and food to (4) cats that could have remained homeless, makes my heart glad.)
- I am thankful for having more than enough food. (it's a good feeling to give extra to the less fortunate at this time of year)
- I am thankful for my freedom. (Thanks to all the brave men and women who risk their lives to keep us safe)
- I am thankful for the change of seasons. (looking forward to the first snowstorm.....weekend preferred)
- I am thankful to America's Veterans.
- I am thankful for free access to some wonderful public libraries.
- I am thankful for technology advancements (when I was 10 year's old, a transistor radio and a calculator were huge --now, I think, how would I live without my computer and iPhone --what's next?)
- I am thankful for 60 degree weather in New England in November (this weekend was gorgeous)
- I'm thankful for hot baths and fine wine.
- I am thankful I have had a chance to visit (27) states, and (6) countries
- I am thankful for my sense of humor. (it's helped so much in work and rough times)
- I am thankful for having more than enough.
- I am thankful for a warm fire on a cold night.
- I am thankful that our cat Buddy's vet visit today cost us $250, instead of $1,100 like last year.
- I am thankful for individuals who help with animal rescue.
- I am thankful for having an introspective nature.
- I am thankful for living my life without any regrets.
- I am thankful to have lost another 1.5 lbs this week (14 lbs in 9 weeks).
- On this Thanksgiving Day, I am thankful for family, friends and you.
- I am thankful for (3) more days off from work.
- I am thankful for being here today to celebrate my son's 33rd birthday.
- I am thankful for not having any stress in my life recently.
- I am thankful for having all the desserts gone from our house.
- I am thankful for wildlife (critters big and small).