Mailbox Monday, which was started by Marcia at The Printed Page, is on blog tour—and the host for May is: Mari @ Mari Reads.
I've been a bit obsessed with all of the NYRB Classics that I've been reading about lately, and after trying The Pumpkin Eater by Penelope Mortimer and enjoying it, I decided to treat myself to several more that sounded good. The covers are so colorful. I think they are gorgeous, and they look so nice on the book shelf as well. After reading the product overviews, I think each one sounds wonderful. I can't wait to begin them. (If you click on the title links, you can read what each is about).
Here are the (6) that arrived last week.
- Stoner; John Williams
- Skylark; Desko Kosztolayi (
- The Three Christs of Yipsilanti; Milton Rokeach
- The Mountain Lion; Jean Stafford
- The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne; Brian Moore
- The Book of Ebenezer LePage; G.B. Edwards
(Spine views of the NYRB Classics)