Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First Chapter~First Paragraph (s) ~ Tuesday Intros


Every Tuesday, I'll be posting the opening paragraph (maybe a few) of my current read.  This week's pick:
 
 " The police came for me in the middle of the night. Two officers: one tall and slope-shouldered, the other big-bellied. They walked into the Walmart where I worked, and after speaking to the shift supervisor, they came to my register and the tall one said, ' You're Elaine Volk, aren't you? We asked you a few questions once before, Remember? '

Of course I remembered. Questions about where I was on a certain morning in May. home asleep, I'd told them, and No, I didn't hear any shots. "

Would you give this book a try, based on the opening paragraph (s)?  I feel like this one is going to be addictive. I loved a (2005) book from this author called: The Bright Forever.

Want to join in?  Just grab the image, and share the first paragraph (s) of your current book.

15 comments:

  1. I definitely want to read the book now! What do the police want with Elaine ? And why in the middle of the night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be tempted, depending on more information. It's certainly a very direct start.

    This is mine - an essential book?
    http://the-book-addict.blogspot.com/2011/06/tuesday-intros-eats-shoots-leaves.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that has got me wondering what happened!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last week's grabbed me more. I am about to post a Tuesday Intro.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does interest me. I want to know what they think Elaine did or should have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I don't even think that I would need the first few paragraphs on this one, as it's one that I really want to read! Hope you go through with it and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a good opening. Just enough to make you curious.

    This week I am reading The Ghost and Mrs. McClure
    http://booksnwhatnot.blogspot.com/2011/06/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd definitely want to read this! Sounds like a perfect book for me! Just found FCFPTI and think it's a great idea. I know I'll be adding lots of books to my TBR pile!!
    Here's my First Chapter/Paragraph

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a chapter that starts out with intrigue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd give this book a try based on the cover, actually. The opening paragraphs don't grab me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one does sound intriguing!

    A bit late, but here's mine: http://thetruebookaddict.blogspot.com/2011/06/first-chapterfirst-paragraphstuesday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup...this one would grab me right away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Most certainly...now I want to know more!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.

(I apologize for the word verification, spammers spoil it for all sadly.)