Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Greek Yogurt Kitchen; Toby Amidor

 
Toby Amidor - Grand Central May 2014

As a huge fan of Greek yogurt, I was anxious to see what this cookbook had to offer in terms of using Greek yogurt as a substitute ingredient in other recipes.  I couldn't have been more pleased as this book give so many more options for yogurt than as a go-to breakfast or snack food.

I loved how the book gave me ideas of how to substitute Greek yogurt for many higher fat items that I often use in recipes such as -- butter, cream cheese, oil and even mayonnaise.  All of the recipes in this books use only whole foods which was a pleasant surprise as well.

There are over 130 recipes, at least 3/4 of them I would not hesitate to try. There was a lot of variety when it came to healthy smoothie recipes, and as for comfort foods, my eyes lit up with a mac and cheese recipe made with Greek yogurt and Panko bread crumbs.  Blueberry/Bran Muffins, Banana/Walnut Muffins and Cobb Salad with a delicious creamy dill dressing were other awesome recipes that I plan to try.

The chapters are well organized: Greek Yogurt Superstar Food; Breakfast; Snacks & Appetizers; Salads, Soups and Sandwiches; Main Dishes; Side Dishes; Desserts. There is also a metric conversion chart that I loved. The only negative for me was the lack of visuals to go along with the recipes:(

4.5/5 stars - NetGalley

2 comments:

  1. I love Greek yogurt! And you are right, cookbooks should have pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am using Greek yogurt for digestive health! Cook book sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.

(I apologize for the word verification, spammers spoil it for all sadly.)