Tuesday, March 17, 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Where Women Are Kings; Christie Watson

Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where I share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book I am reading or thinking about reading soon.

Where Women Are Kings; Christie Watson
Other Press - April 2015

PROLOGUE

"Being dead is like living inside a dream: only some things are real, but you don't know which ones.  It is so dark when I wake up that i feel dead again.  I have to move my fingers and toes to know I am still alive.  I died once, the first night I'd been away from Mama.  I was so dead then that I couldn't move anything.  Not even one toe."

Would you keep reading?


20 comments:

  1. Wow, this one sounds surreal...I do want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover and title, and the excerpt has me curious. I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite an opening. Surreal. The cover is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa -- I'd definitely keep reading after that intro. I also an curious about the title and a author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great, if dark, intro. I want to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd read on - I want to know if it's like The Lovely Bones, where the dead person looks down from heaven watching the living etc. I don't suppose it is ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just requested this one on Netgalley because it sounded so good and this intro is just confirming that for me! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great week!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is on my list. I cannot wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joining in. Love to find new reads! I shared a couple at my blog too. http://girlzombieauthors.blogspot.com/2015/03/teaser-tuesday-history-zombie.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a promising intro... I want more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover and the title, but the intro didn't really grab me. I think I need to know more about the premise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the title, and the intro is intriguing. I'd keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is an opening which grabs you! I would definitely read on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is quite the start. I would keep reading,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Diane, this is a compelling prologue. I'd read more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.