Tuesday, March 17, 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Where Women Are Kings; Christie Watson

Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where I share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book I am reading or thinking about reading soon.

Where Women Are Kings; Christie Watson
Other Press - April 2015

PROLOGUE

"Being dead is like living inside a dream: only some things are real, but you don't know which ones.  It is so dark when I wake up that i feel dead again.  I have to move my fingers and toes to know I am still alive.  I died once, the first night I'd been away from Mama.  I was so dead then that I couldn't move anything.  Not even one toe."

Would you keep reading?


20 comments:

  1. Wow, this one sounds surreal...I do want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover and title, and the excerpt has me curious. I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite an opening. Surreal. The cover is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa -- I'd definitely keep reading after that intro. I also an curious about the title and a author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great, if dark, intro. I want to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd read on - I want to know if it's like The Lovely Bones, where the dead person looks down from heaven watching the living etc. I don't suppose it is ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just requested this one on Netgalley because it sounded so good and this intro is just confirming that for me! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great week!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is on my list. I cannot wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joining in. Love to find new reads! I shared a couple at my blog too. http://girlzombieauthors.blogspot.com/2015/03/teaser-tuesday-history-zombie.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a promising intro... I want more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover and the title, but the intro didn't really grab me. I think I need to know more about the premise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the title, and the intro is intriguing. I'd keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great start. I hope you enjoy it. Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is an opening which grabs you! I would definitely read on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is quite the start. I would keep reading,

    ReplyDelete
  16. Diane, this is a compelling prologue. I'd read more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.

(I apologize for the word verification, spammers spoil it for all sadly.)