My reading has been so off for the last (2) months, I just realized I never posted a summary of my May reads, I know to some of you, it probably looks like I had some good months, but I know otherwise based of previous patterns. I finished (61) books in the first half of 2015, that is (10) fewer than the halfway mark of 2014 when I had (71).
My reading started to slide after finishing A Little Life (3) months ago. This was a book like no other that left me with the feeling that I will never find another book as terrific as this one. Don't get me wrong, I've still read some decent books, but I've also grown bored more easily with mediocre reads. Has this ever happened to you?
So this is what my May and June looked like.
- The Shore; Sara Taylor - 4.5/5 - (arc) (May)
- The Listener; Rachel Basch - 4/5- (eGalley) (May)
- You Nest Here With Me; Yolen and Semple - 5/5 (personal copy) (May)
- I Saw a Man; Owen Sheers - 3.5/5 (eBook) (May)
- Love May Fail; Matthew Quick -4/5 (arc) (May)
- The Grasshopper and the Ants; Jim Pinkney - 5/5 (library) (May
- The People in the Trees; Hanya Yanagihara - 4,5/5 (audio) (May)
- Big Ray; Michael Kimball - 3.5/5 - (personal copy) (May)
- Beside the Sea; Veronique Olmi Page - 4.5/5 (library) (June)
- Liar's Bench; Kim Michelle Richardson - 3.5/5 (arc) (June)
- Radiant Angel; Nelson Demille -4/5 (audio) (June)
- Tad and Dad; David Ezra Stein - 5/5 (personal copy) (June)
- The Farmer and the Clown; Marcia Frazee - 5/5 (library) (June)
- It's Only Stanley; Jon Agee - 4.5/5 (library) (June)
- The Life We Bury; Allen Eskens - 4.5/5 (personal copy) (June)
- Glaciers; Alexis Smith - DNF - (June)
mood reading (except for 3 books I committed to)
Happy Reading Everyone!