This past week we had the pleasure on spending several days on Cape Cod with 75-79 degree mostly sunny weather, which is very unusual for Massachusetts mid October. We spent most of our time in Chatham and Provincetown with briefer moments at The National Seashore in Wellfleet and Dennisport. The picture above is of the Provincetown Public Library and the photo beneath is The Rose Dorothea Schooner which is housed inside the children's department. It's really amazing and not to be missed if ever in the area.
Chatham Coast Guard House, Cape Cod
Nauset Lighthouse, Eastham, MA, Cape Cod
The park near the Chatham Inn had a pumpkin patch with Hillary and Donald, as well as many other fun pumpkin exhibits.
- We Found a Hat; Jan Klaassen (sent by Candlewick Press)
- Also an Octopus;Maggie Tokuda-Hall (sent by Candlewick Press)
- Du Iz Tak?; Carson Ellis (sent by Candlewick Press)
- The Quarry; Iain Banks (Redhook Press) (purchase)
- I'll Take You There; Wally Lamb (sent by Harper)
- The Good Negress; AJ Verdelle (sent by Algonquin)
- Only Love Can Break Your Heart; Ed Tarkington (Sent by Algonquin)
- Moonglow; Michael Chabon (sent by Harper)
Today the weather is more typical of New England weather. It's 53 degrees and sunny with a high of 59 slated for today. Today's plans call for a lot of nesting: a little cooking, a little reading and perhaps a short walk. Hope everyone has a great week.