I can't believe we really are half way through the summer. The weather has been wonderful here in New England, not that many humid days, in fact today it is 82, sunny and super low humidity as I relax on the deck.
A few weeks ago we celebrated my youngest granddaughter's 3rd birthday. I Can't believe how fast time has passed and, what a joy it's been to see these cousins grow up.
This past week we got away and visited, Newburyport, a seaside town in Massachusetts that we hadn't been to before. Gorgeous weather, lunch harbor side, long walks, quaint shops and a swim in the hotel pool made this our favorite getaway of the summer thus far. Hope to get in a few more road trips in August.
My reading is definitely down this summer but, I did manage to finish (7) books (64 YTD).
My favorite books read in July were:
- The Leavers; Lisa Ko - 4/5 (library) July-2017
- The Lying Game; Ruth Ware - 4/5 - (eGalley) - July-2017
- Eleanor Elephant is Completely Fine; Gail Honeyman - 5/5 (audio) - July-2017
- The Best of Us: a memoir; Joyce Maynard - (eGalley) - 5/5 - July/2017
- Sea Change; Robert Parker - (audio) 2/5 - July/2017
- The Summer That Made Us; Robyn Carr - (eGalley) - 4/5 - July/2017
- I'll Take You There; Wally Lamb (arc) - 2/5 - July/2017
Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer!