Tuesday, September 26, 2017

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Never Coming Back; Alison McGhee


Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros sharing the first paragraph, maybe two, of a book that I'm reading or plan to read soon. 
Never Coming Back; Alison McGhee
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt - 2017

"Now that my mother was disappearing, I wondered when it began to happen.  A few months before her neighbor called to tell me something was wrong, or maybe years ago, when I was in my nomadic twenties and home only once or twice a year?  Or did something inside her change in a single moment? Quit working? Decide enough was enough?

Hard to say. Hard to know."

Does this intro make you curious for more?

Please feel free to join in each Tuesday with your own "First Chapter, First Paragraph Intro" by linking your post from the book you are reading below. 




31 comments:

  1. Yes, I definitely want to know more! Thanks for hosting...and for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the intro Laurel and thanks for joining us each week.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I want to read more as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The opening is very touching - very reminiscent of my journey with my own mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love when something you are reading is relatable? That always draws me in.

      Delete
  4. Yes I like that opening, it opens up questions nicely without being too obvious about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I'd like to know more and I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover and would definitely want to continue. Here is my 1st chapter, 1st paragraph: http://www.booksarge.com/2017/09/26/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday-intros-26th-september/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that opening. It is intriguing in that it begins to dig into odd behavior, relationships as well as mystery. I would keep reading that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian Joseph, I had several questions going through my mind as I read that intro.

      Delete
  8. I probably would need to find out what was happening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would definitely want to keep reading. Sounds like it could be an emotional book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see your meme's back! Hope you had a restful summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like Alzheimer... Neat cover by the way. here is mine: https://wordsandpeace.com/2017/09/26/first-chapter-first-paragraph-and-book-beginnings-the-frenchman/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd keep reading. Love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This has me wanting to read more and the cover is lovely. I'd definitely keep reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.