Tuesday, December 5, 2017

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Small Blessings; Martha Woodroof


Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros sharing the first paragraph, maybe two, of a book that I'm reading or plan to read soon.  


Small BlessingsMartha Woodroof
St. Martin's Press - 2014

Part One

Chapter 1

"There she was, as welcome in this insular community as fresh air in a multiplex, a woman who, rumor had it, risked being happy.  Tom had heard the most about her from Russell Jacobs, his colleague in the English Department, and now he was looking at her in the flesh, at this tall, slender, dark-haired creature, oddly stylish in her ill-fitting, baggy trousers and white Tee-shirt."

Based on that intro, would you read more or pass?  Feel free to join us by posting your own INTRO and linking below.



13 comments:

  1. I'm curious about the woman described--who is she and how does she fit into the story about to unfold?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this book, Diane...hope you are loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it funny that this little description of this woman would make me want to know more about her. I'd like to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That risked being happy phrase definitely makes me want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this. There isn't a lot to go on, which makes me want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd read on - it sounds as though she'll be having problems fitting in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Masterful first paragraph. Of course we want to find out about this woman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes - the opening does draw me in. Wondering what will happen next, etc. Not as much of a fan of the cover, but ya know what they say about that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the cover, title, and opening lines. I think I'd like this book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely! That passage, the title and the cover all have me interested.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.