Tuesday, December 12, 2017

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Turtles All the Way Down; John Green


Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros sharing the first paragraph, maybe two, of a book that I'm reading or plan to read soon.  


Dutton Books - 2017

One

"AT THE TIME I FIRST REALIZED I might be fictionl, my weekdays were spent at a publicly funded institution on the north side of Indianapolis called White River High School, where I was required to eat lunch at a particular time--between 12:37p.m. and 1:14p.m.--by forces so much larger than myself that I couldn't even begin to identify them.  If those forces had given me a different lunch period, or if the tablemates who helped author my fate had chosen a different topic of conversation that September day, I would've met a different end--or at least a different middle.  But I was beginning to learn that your life is a story told about you, not one that you tell."

Based on that intro, would you read more or pass?  Feel free to join us by posting your own INTRO and linking below.


30 comments:

  1. I've been curious about this book...thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been ogling this one...I hope you enjoy it, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, that intro doesn't really grab me, but I have heard good things about this book, so maybe I'll ignore my gut reaction to the blurb. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John Green has been a hit with me in the past so I hope it's good.

      Delete
  4. I wasn't exactly sure what to think about that opening paragraph. Then I looked back up at the book co ver and the title. I just realized this is John Green's new book. Of course I'll have to read this one.I'm glad you shared the book, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure, although I'm curious about it - I'd read further on before deciding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read John Green before but I like this intro. It's got me intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure after reading that paragraph but I would probably read a bit more to see if it really grabbed me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I like that last line!

    https://girlof1000wonders.wordpress.com/2017/12/12/tuesday-teaser-intro-two-love-lane/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would keep reading. John Green is an author that I keep meaning to read but somehow never choose. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have loved John Green's early books. I will put this one on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just received this book today from my TBTB Secret Santa. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would keep reading. I haven't read anything by John Green but I love the way this starts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John Green has been worked well with me in the past so I'll be curious.

      Delete
  13. This one is sitting on my list and I hope to read it over Winter Break

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the audiobook and want to listen to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not too sure about this opening, but would give Green a chance. The Fault In Our Stars (the movie) is currently on my young niece's x-mas list. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas Diane!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.