Tuesday, April 17, 2018

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - A Noise Downstairs; Linwood Barclay



Every Tuesday Vicki @ I'd Rather Be at the Beach now hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where readers share the first paragraph, maybe two, of a book that they are reading or plan to read soon.  (Started this yesterday, very addictive story.)


A Noise Downstairs; Linwood Barclay
William Morrow - 2018

Prologue

"Driving along the Post Road late that early October night, Paul Davis was pretty sure the car driving erratically in front of him belonged to his colleague Kenneth Hoffman.  The ancient, dark blue Volvo station wagon was a fixture around West Haven College, a cliche on wheels of what a stereotypical professor drove."


Would you read more?

12 comments:

  1. Yes, I actually have an advance copy of this one. I've enjoyed many of Lincoln Barclay's books - kind of 'everyman' protagonists usually. I like the cover with the typewriter keys and the blood. Think younger people would recognize that those are indeed typewriter keys? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there wasn't much to leave you hanging and wanting to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting beginning. I don't think I've ever read this author. This week I have Shattered Mirror by Iris Johansen. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious now! I like those opening lines and the image of that stereotypical professor. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unusual beginning. I'm wondering what happens next, and I'd definitely keep reading to find out. Another book for my TBR collection!
    My Tuesday post features excerpts from Goodbye to the Blues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read anything by this author. I like the first paragraph and want to know if it's leading up to an accident or something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read this author before, but I like the title and beginning of this one. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tagline is intriguing. I hope you enjoy it. See what we are featuring at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has my attention. I never read this author, but I've heard many good things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a new author to me, but I really like that opening plus the cover. This is going on my list. Enjoy Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fact that you found it an addictive story makes me want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.