Tuesday, April 24, 2018

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Rainbirds; Clarissa Goenawan


On Tuesdays First Chapter, First Paragraph/Intros is hosted by Vickie/ I’d Rather Be at the Beach.  Readers are asked to share the first paragraph of a book they are reading or plans to read soon.  This week's selection hooked me right away (I'm on Chapter 4). Tell me how you like the intro.


Rainbirds;  Clarissa Goenawan
ECCO - 2018

She
Crumbled 
and
Turned 
to 
Ashes

"At first, nothing was unusual.

I was on the phone with my sister. She sat by her desk by the window in her rented room in Akakawa. The sun shone through the curtain, casting brown highlights on her long dark hair.  She asked me question after question, but I just mumbled one-word answers, impatient for the conversation to be over.  But then, before my eyes, she crumbled and turned to ashes."


13 comments:

  1. Yes, I'd have to see what that is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been curious about this one for a while. Will be interested to know what you think after you've read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great beginning! This week I am featuring Beyond the Pale by Clare O'Donohue. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Now I must know more. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is so unusual. Very poetic. I definitely have to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thrown off by "Akakawa." I googled. Is it in Japan? Otherwise, a good opening paragraph that aroused my curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is one heck of a first chapter! I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an intense intro. It certainly caught my curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that's quite a beginning! I'd keep reading to find out just what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd definitely reading. I had to go over to Goodreads and check out the blurb and promptly added it to my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This has such a bright and pretty cover. I have this one waiting for me and looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Intriguing beginning, and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.