Tuesday, December 11, 2018

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - A Christmas Revelation; Anne Perry



Each Tuesday, Vicki, from I’d Rather Be At The Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where  readers post the opening paragraph (sometime two) of a book that they are reading or plan to read.

Ballantine - 2018

"WORM STOOD AND STARED, OVERCOME WITH wonder.  She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, in all of hid nine years of life.  She was like sudden sunshine on a dark day--the place you looked without even thinking about it, all light and warmth and softness.  She walked the way everybody should: gently, head up, smiling.  Maybe other people looked like her at first glance, but when you looked again you saw she smiled, not as if there were something funny, but as if she knew something good that she could share, if you would stop to listen."

This is my 4th Christmas book I'll be reading (reviews to post soon) - I love these lighter and shorter books in December.   Would you pass or read more?

12 comments:

  1. I like the lighter ones certainly. I have read too many psychological thrillers that I despair for humanity!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see so many of her books. I think I’d keep on reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great descriptions that bring me right into the moment. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The name "Worm" made me curious, and the description drew me in. Sounds like a great book to read at Christmastime. Like you, I enjoy reading lighter, happier books at this time of year.
    My Tuesday post features excerpts from Joy That Long Endures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I read Christmas novels, I would keep on reading. And I am making a list of the ones you are reading this year, just in case-:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope to start my Christmas reading next week when my vacation from the day job starts. This one sounds like a great holiday read. MK French is featuring a middle grades fantasy at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd keep reading. And the cover is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. (Hurray, it works!) My sister is a big Anne Perry fan. I didn't know there was a new book out and I don't think my sister knows either. Hopefully I can surprise her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooohhhh...this definitely sounds like a book I'd enjoy. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd read more but that's partly because I'm cheating a bit and have already read this one! I enjoyed this one - much more than expected as I've had mixed results from Anne Perry in the past.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.