Tuesday, June 25, 2019

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - If She Wakes; Michael Koryta


On Tuesday, Vicki, ( I’d Rather Be At The Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where  readers post the opening paragraph (or 2 ) of a book they are reading or that they plan to read. 

If She Wakes; Michael Koryta
Little Brown and Company - 2019

Part 1 - Ignition

1

"Nineteen minutes before her brain and body parted ways, Tara Beckley's concern was the cold.

First night of October, but as the sun set and the wind picked up, it felt like midwinter, and Tara could see her breath fogging the air.  That would have been crisp New England charm on another night, but not this one, when she wore only a thin sweater over a summer-weight dress.  Granted, she hadn't expected to be standing in the cold, but she had a commitment to deliver one Professor Amandi Oltamu from dinner to his keynote presentation, and the professor was pacing the making lot of the restaurant they'd just left, already staringinito the darkness and playing with his phone."

What do you think - pass or read more? I haven't started this one yet but, I did like the intro.

15 comments:

  1. Definitely piques my interest! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the opening line a lot, so I would probably press on for a few more pages to see whether or not I'd want to read the whole thing. That's a great hook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks interesting. I'd keep reading!

    Here's my selection:
    https://monicasbookishlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would continue plus this has been getting a lot of positive buzz in the book blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Attention-grabbing intro, especially that first sentence! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clearly a crisis of some kind is right around the corner, so to speak. Not sure if it is what I want right now, but maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would keep going. This one is already on my list of book and I've read other books by Michael Koryta that I really liked. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always have to be different, I’d pass, that didn’t flow well at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic first line!! I'd love this, I'm sure!

    Here is my Tuesday post. Hope you can pop by. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd keep reading to get to an explanation of the first sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I'd keep reading.That first sentence has me curious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The opening is good so I would read on for a bit more at least.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the intro definitely sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've read several by Michael Koryta. I haven't read or heard of this one, though. I hope you keep reading and enjoy it. I'm putting it on my wishlist too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.