Tuesday, November 26, 2019

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Inside Out: a Memoir; Demi Moore


Each Tuesday, Vicki, from I’d Rather Be At The Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where readers post the opening paragraph(s) of a book that they are reading or plan to read. 


Harper - 2019

Prologue

The same question kept going through my head:  How did I get here?

In the empty house where we married, where we'd added on because I had more kids than I had bedrooms, I was now completely alone.  I was almost fifty. The husband who I thought was the love of my life had cheated on me and then decided he didn't want to work on our marriage. My children weren't speaking to me: no happy birthday calls, no Merr Christmas texts.  Nothing. Their father--a friend I'd counted on for years --was gone from my life.  The career I scrambled to create since I moved out of my mother's apartment when I was sixteen years old was stalled, or maybe it was over for good.  Everything I was attached to--even my health--had abandoned me. I was getting blinding headaches and losing weight scarily fast. I looked like I felt: destroyed.

Any interest in this one?

21 comments:

  1. That sounds really interesting, I would sure read lots more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually read celebrity memoirs, but this looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this book. I hope you are loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't usually read memoirs but this sounds really good. I always liked Demi Moore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is certainly an interesting beginning to a book and, if I were inclined to read memoirs I would likely be enticed to read further. But, honestly, memoirs rank near the bottom of my list of favorite things to read. However, I'll be interested to read your review of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw some good reviews on this one. The wait list at my library is a mile long so it will be awhile but I plan to read it eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not big on memoirs either but I do like Demi Moore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yes, I love to read about real people who dig themselves out of Big, DEEP HOLES. So eventually, I'll probably listen to this on Audible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't usually read celebrity memoirs but the opening is definitely eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's a well written opening, but I don't have a lot of interest in reading memoirs from anyone associated with the Hollywood bubble.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Normally am not interested in reading celebrity memoirs, but this one sounds interesting! Happy readings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like memoirs but this celebrity is not well known to me so maybe I'll give it a miss.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes! I am curious, I love memoirs and I am a fan of Demi Moore.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love memoirs, but not usually those written by celebrities. I'll wait to see what you think of it and go from there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know that I would keep reading. I'm another one not particularly fond of celebrity memoirs. However, I really like Judith's comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love memoirs but I've heard some really negative comments about this book. I'll be waiting to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This memoir interests me. The opening makes me want to read more. I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an opening! I'd read more of this memoir.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not particularly—celebrity bios don’t usually appeal to me unless I particularly like the person, such as the Julie Andrews’ memoirs. I hate to say it but it sounds like a pity party that I cannot really relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting opening, I would read more.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I already have this on hold at my library. Though I'm not a Demi fan, I am curious to know how a woman who seemingly had it all, lost everything she most loved. Husband, children and career.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.