Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Top 10 Book Picks for 2008

I can't believe the year is over. The last 2 years I read between (185-187 books). This year my goal was 200. I finished the year with 206, so I was very happy.

Wishing Everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year and, of course, Happy Reading!

Here are my Top Picks for the Year.

Top 10 (FICTION) of 2008

  1. Tomato Girl; Jane Pupek
  2. The Art of Racing in the Rain; Garth Stein (audio)
  3. Molokai; Richard Brennert
  4. Every Last Cuckoo; Kate Maloy
  5. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle; David Wroblewski
  6. Purple Hibiscus; Adichie (audio)
  7. Testimony; Shreve
  8. Skeletons at the Feast; Bohjalian
  9. Unaccustomed Earth; Lahari (audio)
  10. The Commoner; Schwartz (audio)

Top 10 (NON FICTION) of 2008

  1. Chosen By a Horse; Richards
  2. Alex and Me; Pepperberg (audio)
  3. The Last Lecture; Pausch
  4. The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid; Bryson (audio)
  5. Dreams of My Father; Obama
  6. Predictably Irrational; Arieley
  7. Forward From Here: Leaving Middle Age & other Adventures; Lindberg
  8. Do Dead People Watch You Shower; Bertoldi
  9. Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World; Myron
  10. The Numerati; Baker


  1. I want to read Molokai - will have to put that one on my list. I really enjoyed Dewey as well, but as much as I typically love Bill Bryson, Thunderbolt Kid just rubbed me the wrong way.

    206 books - wow! That's awesome! Happy New Year!

  2. It is hard to believe it's already 2009! Barely at this point (it's 1:25 am where I am), but still.

    I enjoyed reading through your lists of favorites. Moloka'i is definitely one of my all-time favorite novels. I am looking forward to reading several of the ones you listed among your top fiction books.

    Have a wonderful New Year!

  3. 206 books!? That's just nuts, book nuts, lol.

  4. 206 BOOKS! Holy Crap, that's like a record or something. I can't even imagine reading that many books in a year. Totally jealous!

    Moloka'i is a great book. Read it for book club.


Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.

(I apologize for the word verification, spammers spoil it for all sadly.)