Can I say how glad I am that April is over? My reading started out well, but slowed down a bit the last (2) weeks when I got hooked on Scrabble for my iPhone. Another reason I am glad April is through is because the last (2) days of the month I was on a bad luck streak (28 hours and 3 bad things). Seriously, I cannot recall (3) bad things happening in just over 24 hours.
- My bad luck began at noon of Thursday when I decided to make popcorn for lunch in the library microwave. The mini bag said 1-3 minutes, I set it for (2) and the popcorn never popped but the bad started smoking, and it set off the fire alarm, evacuating a class and about 100 students and staff, leaving us all to stand out in the rain for 20 minutes until we were cleared to go back inside!
- Then at noon of Friday, I took my lunch up to the quiet floor of the library like I always do, so I could sit and read for an hour. I witnessed a suspicious individual lurking around, going in cubicles etc, and then (10) minutes later learned there had been a theft of a laptop. I had to complete a police report, a description etc.
- Then as I was driving home from work that very same day (yesterday), I got a flat tire, and had to call AAAs. Today, was spent purchasing (2) new tires as there was a huge screw in one tire, and I ruined the sidewall driving on it trying to get to a good place to pull over. I really wanted to stay home under the covers, but ventured out after the tire purchase to do a little shopping with my daughter. Hello May!
- World and Town; Gish Jen - 4/5 (review)
- The Little Stranger; Sarah Waters - 4/5 (eBook)
- Women Food and God; Geneen Roth - 4.5/5 (review)
- Blue Chameleon; Emily Gravett - 4/5 (library)
- The Night Season; Chelsea Cain - 2/5 (audio book)
- Creating Great iPhone Photos; Allan Hoffman - 5/5 (review)
- The Bird Sisters; Rebecca Rasmussen - 5/5 (review)
- Except If; Jim Averbeck - 4/5 (library)
- Square Cat; Elizabeth Schoonmaker - 5/5 (library)
- The Lake; Banana Yoshimoto - 4/5 (review)
- The Easter Parade; Richard Yates - 4.5/5
- Favorite Fiction Book - The Bird Sisters; Rebecca Rasmussen - 5/5 (review)
- Favorite Childrens Book - Square Cat; Elizabeth Schoonmaker - 5/5 (library)
- Favorite Audio Book - n/a
- New authors - 8/11 - YTD - 34/49
- Review Books - 5/11 - YTD - 19/49
- 5 star books - 3/11 - YTD - 15/49
- 4 star books - 7/11 - YTD - 30/49
- 3 star books - 0/11 - YTD - 2/49
- 2 star books - 1/11- YTD - 2/49
~~~~~ Challenge Progress ~~~~~
- 100+ Reading Challenge - 49/100
- Reading From My Shelves Project - 20/50
- Audio Book Challenge - 12/20
- eBook Challenge - 5/20
- Prepare to Be Shocked (Books Purchased /Cost 2011) - 18 books - $203.28
May Reading Plans
Hope you had a great month in books!