Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Except If; Jim Averbeck

Title: Except If
Author: Jim Averbeck
Publication Year: 2011
Publisher: Anthenum
Edition: Hardcover
Source: Library
Date Completed: 4/12/2011
Setting: n/a
Rating: 4/5 stars
Recommend: Yes

Except If, a new childrens book for 2011 by Jim Averbeck, is a story that starts out with a big blue egg which is about to hatch. At the beginning, it appears that a baby bird will soon hatch. On the pages that follow the story follows the .....

"An egg is not a baby bird, but will become one EXCEPT IF......

The children get to use their imagination...will it be a bird, a snake, a lizard or something else?
This seems like this would make a good, group story hour read for library tot groups to enjoy. Bright, bold illustrations and a story that should keep children guessing, but might be a bit too advanced for the youngest toddlers.


  1. Thanks for sharing this one, I think my girl would love it. She has an egg fascination :)

  2. I bet this book would be perfect for the little girl I watch. Thanks for giving us the scoop on it!

  3. I think the drawings are cute!


Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.

(I apologize for the word verification, spammers spoil it for all sadly.)