Tuesday, April 22, 2014

First Chapter ~ First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - North of Boston; Elisabeth Elo

Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where I share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book I am reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us? Today's pick---

North of Boston; Elisabeth Elo
Pamela Dorman Books/Penguin
2014

"He was a loser,"Tomasina says, head lolling. "But he was a good loser. " A fifth of Stolichnaya has put her in a nasty, forgiving mood. I'm tempted to take a few shots myself to medicate my guilt and survivor's guilt. But someone has to stay sober for Noah.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   
What do you think? Would you keep reading? Feel free to join us by linking your First Chapter post below

22 comments:

  1. Okay, you have piqued my curiosity! I'd keep reading. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll need to read more before deciding whether to keep going. The survivors guilt has me curious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting, but me too, I think I need to know more. To describe someone as a loser is quite …tough? harsh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm biased - I read this already and it was very good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting! I wonder why she has survivor's guilt and who Noah is! The cover is also quite nice! Thanks for hosting and for sharing :) I hope you have a great week!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would definitely keep going. I want to know what's up with Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure about the survivors guilt angle...think I'd need to read a little more before deciding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard great things about this book and it's on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting cover! I think I'd have to read at least a little more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Makes me curious. I'd read on...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am curious. I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This opening would definitely make me read on. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This really has my interest. I would definitely keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would have to keep reading. What brought on the survivor's guilt? Any who is Noah?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have this one on my wish list. :-) I hope you enjoy it, Diane. It sounds good and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  16. that opening has me hooked, I'd read on. Have a nice day and enjoy that new grandbaby. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have this book, too, and I remember likin the first page when I read it. Can't imagine now why I didn't finish it...I will, though, one day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Diane, another one for my list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.