Thursday, August 28, 2014

Coming Soon to a Book Store Near You -- The Secret Place; Tana French


Here's my "Coming Soon to a Book Store Near You" pick for this week.  What do you think -- would you try it?

The Secret Place; Tana French
Viking - Sept 2, 2014

(Description)
The sensational new novel from “one of the most talented crime writers alive” (The Washington Post)

The photo on the card shows a boy who was found murdered, a year ago, on the grounds of a girls’ boarding school in the leafy suburbs of Dublin. The caption says I KNOW WHO KILLED HIM.

Detective Stephen Moran has been waiting for his chance to get a foot in the door of Dublin’s Murder Squad—and one morning, sixteen-year-old Holly Mackey brings him this photo. “The Secret Place,” a board where the girls at St. Kilda’s School can pin up their secrets anonymously, is normally a mishmash of gossip and covert cruelty, but today someone has used it to reignite the stalled investigation into the murder of handsome, popular Chris Harper. Stephen joins forces with the abrasive Detective Antoinette Conway to find out who and why.

But everything they discover leads them back to Holly’s close-knit group of friends and their fierce enemies, a rival clique—and to the tangled web of relationships that bound all the girls to Chris Harper. Every step in their direction turns up the pressure. Antoinette Conway is already suspicious of Stephen’s links to the Mackey family. St. Kilda’s will go a long way to keep murder outside their walls. Holly’s father, Detective Frank Mackey, is circling, ready to pounce if any of the new evidence points toward his daughter. And the private underworld of teenage girls can be more mysterious and more dangerous than either of the detectives imagined.

The Secret Place is a powerful, haunting exploration of friendship and loyalty, and a gripping addition to the Dublin Murder Squad series.

15 comments:

  1. I'm getting it the very day it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read anything by Tana French! I feel like I'm missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read this author, but I've heard many good things. I would definitely try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put my copy on hold at the library and I am number one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to start this series, but I think I must...this one sounds so good...but I'd better start at the beginning, right? Is that In the Woods?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Tana French - this is one of my most-anticipated books of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I'm Victoria from Brushstrokes. I just found your blog, and I'm so glad I did! I'm following you now so I won't miss any posts.

    Tana French is one of my favorite authors. I can't wait for this book's release!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have got to get busy. I read In The Woods and loved it. Now I am 4 books behind. I really must get a grip. And yes,I have to read them in order! LOL Thanks for the "kick in the pants"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't even have to read the blurb to know that I want to get this the day it comes out. I've loved each and every book she written. Can.Not.Wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diane,
    This does sound powerful and haunting. (I have an older book by Tana French on my shelf that I need to read!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have liked the other books in this series, so I will definitely pick this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not read this author in awhile but enjoyed what I have read!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is sitting on my shelf but I have so many scheduled reviews right now I don't know when I'll get to it. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, I did enjoy the last one featuring him, he is a memorable character. Yes, I will give this a go when it comes out. Thanks for the notice it was coming soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.