Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September in Review - Monthly Reading Highlights

September was a very good reading month for me having read (14) books (5) of which were audio

My favorite book was Sarah Water's new one The Paying Guests

  1.  Dear Daughter; Elizabeth Little - 4/5 (HC) (Sept)
  2. The Paying Guests; Sarah Waters - 5/5 (arc) (Sept) 
  3. Road Ends; Mary Lawson - 4.5/5 (arc) (Sept)
  4. Landline; Rainbow Rowell - 4/5 (audio) (Sept)
  5. The Wife, the Maid, and the Mistress; Ariele Lawhon - 4/5 (audio) Sept
  6. The Virtues of Oxygen; Susan Schoenberger - 4/5 (arc) Sept
  7. We Are Called To Rise; Laura McBride- 4.5/5 (arc) Sept
  8. The Way Inn; Will Wiles - 2.5/5 (arc) Sept
  9. One Kick; Chelsea Cain - 3/5 (audio) Sept
  10. The Removers: A Memoir; Andrew Meredith - 4/5 (library) Sept
  11. 2 a.m at the Cat's Pajamas; 4/5 (audio) Sept
  12. A Good Marriage; Stephen King - 4/5 (audio) Sept
  13. The Make-Ahead Cook; America's Test Kitchens - 5/5 (Sept) 
  14. And Then There Were None; Agatha Christie - 3.5/5 (pb) Sept 
Readers who like memoirs, especially one that is a bit different, I highly recommend The Removers, by Andrew Meredith.

 I completed my 4/4 books for the RIP IX Challenge but still plan to read a couple more books in that category during October.

October Reading Plans anyone?  I haven't given it much thought, but do want to read a few mysteries, a Christmas book, and another memoir.

Happy Reading


  1. We will be reading "Dear Daughter" for one of my bookclubs this month (October). I was glad that you gave it a high rating.

  2. I will put The Paying Guest on my list. I'm adding good lit fiction to mysteries in my reading these days.

  3. Great list! A couple of those I'd like to read!
    Happy October reading!

  4. Happy reading, Diane! Sept. was a very good reading month for you.

  5. wow, what a great month! here is mine:


Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.

(I apologize for the word verification, spammers spoil it for all sadly.)