Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Little Snowplow; Lora Koehler and Jake Parker

The Little Snowplow; Lora Koehler and Jake Parker (illustrator)
Candlewick Press - 2015

In this cute story a small blue snow plow has to prove his capabilities when he sets out to work with the Mighty Mountain Road Crew.

To prepare the "little uno plow" gives himself a workout before the first big snow fall. He does fall clean ups and moves heavy concrete to prove to the bigger trucks he can handle a big blizzard.

In the spirit of "The Little Engine That Could", persistence pays off for the little blue snow plow.

The illustrations are terrific and there are plenty of trucks and visuals to entertain little ones. The snow plow has eyes for headlights and the grill for a mouth. Kids should enjoy this one.

4/5 stars
(sent by publisher)

12 comments:

  1. I thought this book was adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't shared it with grandkids yet, but hope to over Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane,
    This looks like an adorable book as we gear up for winter!
    Have a terrific weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cute and I think little ones who like the Little Engine will love this.

      Delete
  4. A lovely book sounds like, and one I would have enjoyed reading to my son until he was old enough to read it for himself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover, and this looks like my kind of book! You have a lovely blog and I really like your 3 column layout. I want to do this on mine but perhaps one day in the near future I will play on my test blog and see if I can do it, too. Your left side column with all the books you have read is very attractive!

    Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I need to change my header and background to fit a winter theme soon. Good luck with your changes.

      Delete
  6. That book sounds wonderful for the wee ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this cover! This looks really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does sound fun--and with a good message.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.