Oh what a week, last week my still new car with less than 7,000 miles on it was parked while I was in the gym. It was minding its own business when a transport van backed into it. UPSETTING, yes, but fortunately there were witnesses and after a week in the shop, it's back home looking new again at no cost to me.
We've had a lovely change in weather from hot and humid to breezy and high 70 temps with low 50's at night. I'm so happy the AC is off now and I can start thinking about different meals to prepare and apple season. Today is the official start of football season so I look forward to more free time on Sundays and Monday nights since I'm not a fan but, my husband is.
(Book Sale Finds)
I loved Cutting for Stone when I listened to it years ago
but wanted a copy for my someday reread shelf
(New Books by Mail)
- Fortress; Danielle Trussonni (Dey Street Books)
- Eleanor and Hick: The Love Affair that Shaped a First Lady; Susan Quinn (Penguin)
- All at Sea: Memoir; Decca Aitkenhead
- The Christmas Town; Donna Van Liere (St Martin's Press)
- The Flower Arrangement; Ella Griffin (Orion)
- The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating; Elizabeth Tova Bailey (Algonquin)
Have a Great Week All