Tuesday, June 23, 2020

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Tomorrow There Will Be Sun; Dana Reinhardt


Welcome to
 First Chapter/Intros, now hosted by Yvonne @ Socrates Book Reviews. Each week readers post the first paragraph (or 2) of a book they are reading or that they plan to read soon.

Pamela Dorman Books - 2019

SATURDAY

"A perfectly prepared margarita (rocks, salt, subtle with the triple sec, less so with the tequila) placed in your hand when you didn't even ask, with an itty-bitty half lime floating up top. something local grown just down the street where the patchy pavement gives way to dirt, which then surrenders to jungle, can almost take the edge off a day of truly shitty airport mishaps.  Let's not recount them. Airport mishaps are dull.  They're like dreams.  We convince ourselves that ours are potboilers, cliffhangers, whodunits.  They're not.  And yet, despite the entirely predictable debacle that was our direct flight from LAX to PVR, in business class no less because those were the only seats left for which we could use miles and so drained our entire account, we still managed to arrive at Villa Azul Paraiso before the Solomons."

What do you think - read more or pass?  

9 comments:

  1. I love the cover. I think I would at least read a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pass the margarita and pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, you had me at the margarita! LOL. Airport drinking, too, along with the mishaps.

    Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cover! I'd definitely continue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I want a margarita! Both the book and the drink sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would reluctantly give this one another half dozen pages to convince me to keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In spite of margarita (which makes my lips tingle for the salty rim), I'm not at all sure of the rest of the paragraph. It would take more to keep my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this author might be fond of the run-on sentence! but still some of it is alluring .... let us know

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been over 30 years since my husband and I spent a week in Puerto Vallerta, but I would give anything to be there right now, margarita in hand, sitting poolside while reading a great book. Yes, I'd read this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.