Tuesday, September 15, 2020

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - The Ghosts of Harvard; Francesca Serritella




Welcome to First Chapter/Intros, now hosted by Yvonne @ Socrates Book Reviews. Each week readers post the first paragraph (or 2) of a book they are reading or that they plan to read soon.

The Ghosts of Harvard; Francesca Serritella

Random House - 2020

PROLOGUE


"It was silly to be afraid of falling, considering her intent, but Cady hadn't anticipated how windy it would be on the bridge. She crouched on the balustrade, her hands gripping it so tightly that which crescent moons shown on her fingernails.  A gust blew her hair into her face, but she didn't dare move her hand to move it aside.

She didn't want to fall, she wanted to jump."

I've been meaning to try this one. The debut author is the daughter of author, Lisa Scottoline. What do you think? Have you read it?

11 comments:

  1. Wow, that's intense! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to read this one too, Diane! I've had an advance copy for ages. Didn't realize that the author was related to Lisa S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I want to read this one. I'm curious how we go from this point in the book. And I also like Lisa Scottoline's books and wonder how it will go with her daughter. I do know that they have written a bunch of non-fiction books together, but I haven't read any of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds similar to the book I'm listening to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This intro grabbed my intro. I want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not crazy about the hook, but I might read it just to compare her work to her mother's. I'm still looking for the first "child" whose writing can match that of the "parent."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover but am not sure about that first paragraph. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this one though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting opening. I think this one was well received .... so I say: go for it! ps. I'm afraid of heights.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.