Tuesday, September 29, 2020

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Good Morning, Monster; Catherine Gildiner

Welcome to First Chapter/Intros, now hosted by Yvonne @ Socrates Book ReviewsEach week readers post the first paragraph (or 2) of a book they are reading or that they plan to read soon.

Good Morning, Monster; Catherine Gildiner
St. Martin's Press - 2020

The day I opened my private practice as a psychologist, I sat smugly in my office. Fortified with the knowledge I'd acquired, taking comfort in the rules I'd learned, I looked forward to having patients I could "cure."

I was deluded.

What do you think? I generally like reading about case studies such as these; hope to start this one later this week.

14 comments:

  1. I'm curious about her cases. I'd read on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like case studies, too. The first sentence would keep me reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That might be kind of interesting, especially for our Mom, she is a retired therapist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to stay away from psychology as I start imaginging I suffer from whatever issues being discussed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I hear you, but, for me it usually makes me feel more normal - whatever normal is LOL

      Delete
  5. That last sentence of the first paragraph made me laugh. Yeah I imagine there's a pretty steep learning curve in the early days of a psychology practice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yes, I love the sound of this one. I can relate to that need to "change" the behavior of clients. LOL.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't usually read books like this, but the intro grabbed my attention. I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.