Tuesday, November 24, 2020

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - The Wrong Kind of Woman; Sarah McCraw Crow

 


Welcome to
 First Chapter/Intros, now hosted by Yvonne @ Socrates Book ReviewsEach week readers post the first paragraph (or 2) of a book they are reading or that they plan to read soon. 

The Wrong Kind of Woman; Sarah McCraw Crow
Mira - 2020

Chapter One

November 1970

Westfield, New Hampshire

Oliver died the Sunday after Thanksgiving, the air heavy with snow that hadn't fallen yet.  His last words to Virginia were, "Tacks, Ginny? Do we have any tacks?"

I forgot I had downloaded this eBook and I love that the intro takes place around Thanksgiving even though it's a sad opening.

14 comments:

  1. You had me at the title...hope you enjoy the read. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those last words made me smile. Sadly, though. Enjoy! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would sure make you want to read some more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first child was born on this day in 1970!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intrigued by this, look forward to your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a poignant opening demands you start turning the pages.

    Can't tell you how many times I start browsing around inside my Kindle and discover books I've completely forgotten I own. I'm not sure yet if that's a good thing or a bad thing...probably a little of both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely perfect for this week! Enjoy! And Happy Thanksgiving, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a sad opening but I like that it's set in 1970 and around Thanksgiving. I'd keep reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's serendipty that you remembered the book now. It sounds like it will be a poignant read.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.