Tuesday, December 15, 2020

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Behind the Red Door; Megan Collins

 


Welcome to First Chapter/Intros, now hosted by Yvonne @ Socrates Book ReviewsEach week readers post the first paragraph (or 2) of a book they are reading or that they plan to read soon. 

Behind the Red Door; Megan Collins
Atria - 2020
One

"Now that it's summer it's not my job to protect the children. I have finished the follow-ups on the girl who submitted a suicide note for her English essay. I have closed the file on the boy who came to school with rope burns on his neck. The suicide note was written with pink Magic Marker. The burns were from a jump rope that the teenaged stepbrother wrapped around the boy like a scarf, just before he squeezed."

I've been meaning to read this thriller since late summer - maybe now, after all the red colored cover says Christmas LOL  -- Read more or pass?


8 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, so glad for this reminder, as I have had my eye on this one! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that teaser sure caught my attention! I'm eager to read your review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay that is a creepy first paragraph! I'm not sure if this one is for me right now but that intro definitely caught my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not enough to know for sure on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard about this one, but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.