Sunday, November 13, 2011

Awkward Family Pet Photos; Mike Bender and Dave Chenack


Title: Awkward Family Pet Photos
Author: Mike Bender and Dave Chenack
Publication Year: 2011 
Publisher: Three Rivers Press
Edition: eBook
Source: Net Galley
Date Completed: 11/8/2011 
Rating: 4/5
Recommend: yes

As an animal lover in need on a good laugh, I was pretty sure this book would fit the bill.  I wasn't aware that there was a website devoted to this as well as Awkward Family Photos until I got my hands on this eBook.

Unfortunately, the eBook was read on my black/white print Kindle, so for a book which consists mostly of photographs, this is not the ideal way to view this book. I was able to flip through the actual book at my local bookstore as well, so that made the book much more fun for me. The book is a quick read, and does include a few brief stories along the way.  Many of the photos are totally ridiculous and it made me wonder about the people submitting the photos for consideration -- some are certainly cringe-worthy.

There is a section of Holidays and I think these were may favorite --very funny. In addition there is a section of farm animals which were very fun, vacations with people and their pets.  Other sections feature, cats, dogs, exotic pets and just plain "awkward pets".

This is one of those books that would be perfect to have on your coffee table when you are have company over --a perfect conversation started for sure.  This book would also make a fun holiday present for the animal lover who has everything.  Check it out and see what you think.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds hysterical. Just the cover alone makes me want to look at the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A link to about 10 photos from this book was going round twitter last week. I thought the first few photos were interesting, but then I got bored and didn't make it to the end of them. I don't think the book is for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted to get a look at this book for some time now, and think it sounds extremely funny. I am so glad that you had a good time with it. I bet my husband and kids would just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I consider books like these "bathroom" books … good for a chuckle or two when visting the "powder" room.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.