After 10" of snow and power losses at the end of October, November turned out to be a seasonably mild month for us (they cut our grass yesterday and usually stop in mid-October). Makes me kind of nervous about what winter will be like here. November flew by so fast, but it was a really enjoyable month and I feel like I did a lot for some reason.
I'm actually looking forward to December because we get the week between Christmas and New Years off with pay, so i am already thinking about how
Are you planning on joining any Challenges for 2012. I'm not sure, but thinking I may join a few (not more than 5), as I found that totally manageable this year. I was considering: 100+ Book Challenge; Classics Challenge; eBook Challenge; Audio Book Challenge and probably (1) more.
How was your November in books? Here's what my month looked like:
- The Marriage Plot; Jeffrey Eugenides - 4/5 (audio and eBook)
- Troubling Love; Elena Ferrante - 4.5/5 (library)
- America's Test Kitchens Menu Cookbook - 5/5
- The Language of Flowers;Vanessa Diffenbaugh - 4/5 (eBook and audio)
- Awkward Family Pet Photos; Mike Bender and Doug Chernack - 4/5 (eBook)
- Close Your Eyes; Amanda Eyre Ward - 2.5/5 (audio book)
- The Litigators; John Grisham - 4/5 (audio)
- Steve Jobs; Walter Isaacson - 5/5 (eBook)
- Treasure Island; Sara Levine (no review yet)
- Favorite Fiction Book - Troubling Love; Ferrante - 4.5/5
- Favorite Non-Fiction Book - Steve Jobs; Isaacson (5/5)
- Favorite Audio Book - The Litigators; Grisham (4/5)
- New authors - 4/9- YTD - 66/109
- Review Books - 5/9 -YTD - 51/109
- 5 star books - 2/9 - YTD - 25/109
- 4 star books - 5/9- YTD - 70/109
- 3 star books - 1/9 - YTD - 9/109
- 2 star books - 1/9- YTD - 4/109
~~~~~ Challenge Progress ~~~~~
- 100+ Reading Challenge - 109/100 - COMPLETED
- Reading From My Shelves Project - 50/50 COMPLETED
- Audio Book Challenge - 33/20 - COMPLETED
- eBook Challenge - 17/20
- Europa Challenge - 5/ 4 - COMPLETED
- RIP VI Challenge - 5/4 - COMPLETED
~~~~~Tentative Plans for December ~~~~~
- Finish - Cat's Table, Anatomy of a Disappearance and 11/22/63.
- Read - Girl With the Dragon Tattoo; Girl Who Played With Fire; Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest; The Elegance of the Hedgehog (audio); A Different Kind of Pretty; (2) Children's Books;
How about you? Any bookish plans for December?