Saturday, September 7, 2013

The SFP LookBook: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week New York - Fall/Winter 2013; Jesse Marth


The SFP LookBook: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week New York - Fall/Winter 2013; Jesse Marth
(Schiffer Fashion Press)

As fall approaches, I am always curious about what is trendy for the coming fall/winter season. I am not huge into fashion, but always try to be "in style" and dress nicely. This book was a bit of a "fashion shock" for me.

Don't get me wrong, this is a very very nice book with great color photos on each page. There are styles from as many as 80 designers, most of whom I wasn't familiar with except for Michael Kors, Diane von Furstenberg, DKNY, Jill Stuart. Elie Tahairi and Lacoste. The styles are definitely designed for the young and hip fashioniesta, and not a more mature 50+ woman.

The book is well designed and has a header with the designers name followed by a multi-page photo layout, many runway style. Colorful, some bold, some edgy, evening wear, outerwear, sportswear and more. The majority is for women, but there were a few male models as well. Trend setters will probably get a bit more out of this book than I did, but I still enjoyed looking at it and appreciate a quality product when I see it.

(eGalley received for review via NetGalley and Schiffer Fasion Press)

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, would love to see this.
    Supposedly, the grunge look, flannel and all is making a comeback. True?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, yes "grunge" would be a good term for many of the photo spreads:)

      Delete
  2. This seems like a fun book to look at! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter (who has her own blog) is quite the fashionista, so this may make a nice Christmas gift. I'll be on the lookout for it. Thanks for the heads-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a fun blog your daughter has. Thanks for linking to it. I bet she would like this book.

      Delete
  4. It was fun. I especially loved looking at the evening gowns (not that I have a place to go requiring one) and also the coats and jacket styles - some were very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.

(I apologize for the word verification, spammers spoil it for all sadly.)