(earlier this week at work)
Did you ever have a few of those weeks when you start a lot of stuff but never finish much? Blame it on a new year, too much to do, boredom, or a who cares attitude, that is how things have been going for me since I returned to work on January 6th after 16 days off.
I've started a lot of books and they are actually interesting enough, but don't seem to accomplish much. In between pages I find myself making Scrabble moves on my phone, read a few more pages and repeating the pattern. I did finish (2) books, but I haven't felt like sitting down to review them yet either. It seems more fun to sit in front of the boob-tube after work and watch my dh change channels between the liberal and conservative media, all while dh provides his humorous feedback on the Governor Chris Christie (NJ) debacle.
So here is what I've been entertaining myself with:
- Five Days at Memorial; Sheri Fink (NF) - audiobook - 4.5/5 = great listening
- The Good Luck of Right Now; Matthew Quick - arc - 4/5 (quirky but fun)
(there are all good but I just keep staring at my stacks and starting more new books)
- One Vacant Chair; Joe Coomer (it's good) hardcover
- First Phone Call from Heaven; Mitch Albom (good) audio
- Bird Skinner; Alice Greenway (not bad) arc
- The Dalai Lama's Cat and the Art of Purring; M. Michie (enjoying this)
- Palisades Park; Alan Brennert (audio) very good
How's your January going?