Tuesday, September 1, 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - My Name is Russell Fink; Michael Snyder


Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where I share the first paragraph sometimes two from a book I am reading or thinking about reading soon. I purchased this eBook on Amazon a while ago and think it sounds good in a quirky kind of way.


My Name is Russell Fink; Michael Snyder
Zondervan Press - 2008

Part One

Thursday

"My conscience must be out of order.

Otherwise I'd feel at least a tinge of guilt as I consider making this call.  Only two reasons exist for dialing this number: first, to inform Max Hengle III that I'm about to land a big sale, and to say this is rare would be an understatement.  It's happened exactly twice. And neither transaction was the result of any Herculean effort on my part, more like fortuitous timing or dumb luck.  But this did not prevent me from taking full credit.  Sales is a tough business.

The second reason for dialing this number -- the egregiously more common reason--is to call in sick.  One could argue hypochondria, but I prefer preventative maintenance.  Still, I contend that over the life of my career, these measures will have made me a happier and more productive employee.  And who wouldn't want a whole stable full of happy and productive employees?"

What do you think -- keep reading or pass?  

(Feel free to join in this week by posting your intro below?





33 comments:

  1. Now I am curious...I like the character's thought process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this character already as well -- just from the intro.

      Delete
  2. I like how the narrator talks. I already like her/him. (I suspect her.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Catherine. Preventive maintenance does sound good . . . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the style of writing and would definitely keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the opener but I'm not quite sure this is a book for me -- I'd have to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made me smile and so yes would carry on to see where it went.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm conflicted about this one - the cover kind of turns me off, but I like the intro! I'd keep reading a little farther.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the cover is odd based on what I've read so far. The cover alone made me think it might be narrated by a dog, but not the case.

      Delete
  8. This sounds like it has potential. I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this opening, and I'm interested to know more about this story, especially considering the cover. I'd keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on of those books that has been on my Kindle too long and the intro drew me in.

      Delete
  10. I like it and I am curious to find out more.
    I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be anxious to hear what you think when you finish. I'm wondering if it might be too much like a sit-com for me. I'm weird that way! "ha"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I would read more since it got my curiosity up and running!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the basset on the cover would draw me in, even without the first paragraph! He looks so... tired of it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.